Single Prescription - Transmittal
- In the Plan of the encounter note where the prescription was added: right click on the medication and select Send via eRx
- From the patient's chart view: right click on the medication and select Send via eRx
Multiple Prescriptions - Transmittal
To send ALL prescriptions in a SOAP/Encounter note:
- In the SOAP/Encounter note, hover the mouse cursor over the Plan (Rx/Orders/Vaccines) box and select E-Prescribe Rxs from the menu that appears.
Otherwise, to send multiple prescriptions:
- Option 1. In the patient's chart, check the box to the left of each prescription in the Medications (Rxs) block. Click on the Manage Checked drop down menu in the upper right corner of the block and select Route as eRx
- Option 2. In an open SOAP/Encounter note, expand the Rx History pop-out. Check the box to the left of each prescription, click the Manage Checked drop down menu in the upper right corner of the block and select Route as eRx.
Note on transmitting multiple prescriptions and controlled versus non-scheduled medications:
If you are sending both controlled substances and non-scheduled medications, you should transmit the controlled substance rxs separately from the non-scheduled rxs (though you may send multiple controlled substance rxs as a group and/or multiple non-scheduled rxs as a group). You can transmit a mix of controlled substances/ non-scheduled medications (will ALL be sent via the controlled substances prescribing system), but it increases the chance of something not transmitting correctly. If you are sending multiple scheduled rxs at once, you will only need to enter the password/ security code once to validate.
If you need to send multiple controlled substance prescriptions with staggered start dates you will need to write the original prescription, send, then right click renew, and change the start date to send the updated staggered start date prescription.
Providers Routing Prescriptions to More Than One State
Cerbo has the capability to update your system to allow form providers to eRx to more than one state. Please contact our support team to have your build updated if your practice is located out of more than one physical location. Here is more on multiple location practices. To prescribe to more than one state, the prescribing provider will need to have their DEA information on file for the additional state or states they plan to eRx to. Please reach out to our Cerbo support team at email@example.com to assist with the next steps.