What to do if your camera and mic are blocked in Windows 10
How to allow access to camera & mic in Settings
- Open "Start menu" in the lower left corner of your screen and go to "Settings".
3. Open "Privacy" tab.
4. Scroll down to "Camera" and "Microphone".
5. Make sure "Allow access to the camera on this device" is toggled on.
You may need to select a different camera or mic input:
Most Windows 10 devices have multiple outputs for the integrated camera and mic, but it may not always default to the correct one. Here's how to change it in your Chrome settings:
- From your Dashboard, open Settings in upper right menu.
2. In the search bar, type "Site settings".
3. Go to "Camera" or "Microphone" tab.
4. Select the dropdown menu, and switch between the options until you find the correct input.
You may have a Windows update available
- Go to "Update & Security" tab.
- Select "Check for updates". This will ensure that Windows has the latest camera and mic driver software needed to work in your preferred browser.
**If you're using a Lenovo device:
- Open "Start Menu", and search for "Lenovo Vantage"
- Ensure camera and mic are on.
If you are continuing to experience issues, please test your device here: Twilio Network Test. It checks your camera and audio settings, as well as your network connection.