This feature is currently in beta, meaning it is only being released to a small group of clients while we work out any issues or changes that might be needed.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to request to be a part of this beta group. Otherwise, keep an eye out for our announcement when it become more broadly available to all clients!
Rupa Health is a centralized platform where practitioners can order from 30+ labs all in one place. Our integration allows you send patient orders to Rupa and receive patient results from Rupa - all without having to leave the EMR!
Details: Setting Up the Integration
The integration is configured on a per-practitioner account basis. Each user who prescribes in Rupa Health will need to follow these instructions (even if they are practitioners within the same Rupa clinic account).
- Go to Admin > Manage > Integrations, and click to expand the Rupa Health section here
- Click on the "+ Add Rupa Health Account" to launch the Rupa Health site in a new window. Follow the instructions they give you to login and complete the authorization needed for us to integrate with your account.
- Once you complete the authorization process, they should redirect you back to a Cerbo success page that also includes a link to import Rupa Health lab tests into your Orders/Labs database of the EMR:
- Similarly, back in the Rupa Health section of you Integrations menu, you should now see your account listed along a "Click here to import lab tests from Rupa Health directly in your Orders/Labs Database" link to that same tool outlined in step 3:
Details: Results Pickup
Results from your Rupa Health account will be received in your "Imported Lab Results" block on the main calendar page, similar to all of Cerbo's lab integrations (you will need to refresh this block manually, we recommend doing this at least once a day). See here for more information about this pickup process.
Details: Creating Orders
To create a new Rupa Health order from within Cerbo:
- If you haven't already added the Rupa Health test codes to your Orders/Labs database, you will need to import those using the tool outlined in the above "Setting Up the Integration" section (you can access that tool by clicking the link described in step 4 of that section)
- Open the patient chart who you would like to create an order for
- Add the Rupa Health tests to the patient's Open Orders, if you haven't already (these should all have "[Rupa]" at the end of their names) - see here for more help with adding orders to patient charts
- If you are in the main patient chart view, check the boxes of the tests (within that Open Orders block) and use the "Manage Checked" > "Send to Rupa Health" option. If you are in an encounter note, hover over the Plan block and select the "Send to Rupa Health" option.
- This will open a small window with the option to change the ordering practitioner (for clinics with multiple practitioner accounts integrated) and the Rupa Health order form that can be used to complete the order. Your patient's details and checked tests should pre-populate the order already:
- Once you complete the order in this window and click the "Send to Patient" button, you will see a success screen with a button to "Return to Your Clinic" - you need to click this button in order to make sure the order process is completed and recored in Cerbo:
- Once you click that button, the window will refresh to show the order requisition in the patient's Cerbo chart (and can be accessed from the "Sent" tab of their documents block for you to access in the future)
Details: Turning Off/ Disabling the Integration
If you need to remove your practitioner account from Cerbo at any point, go to Admin > Manage > Integrations > Rupa Health and click the trash icon next to your account name here.
Additional Keywords: lab integrations, reseller accounts