This article will show you how to add a resource (a non-user account that can have tasks and/or a calendar). A resource may represent a room or chair, for instance. This allows for scheduling and task assignment related to that resource. Another example of when a resource can be useful, is when you want certain categories of tasks to be viewable in one place by multiple users.
Adding a New Resource
To add a new resource,
1. Go to Admin > Manage > Users to open the Manage Users window. Click on "ADD NEW USER OR RESOURCE".
2. In the window that appears, click on "ADD NEW RESOURCE".
3. In the next window, fill out the applicable information for this resource.
- Resource Name: This is how the resource will appear in the Manage Users list.
- How should this user's name appear to patients when requesting an appointment through the patient portal? (optional): This is the name that patients will see if you make this resource available for scheduling via the patient portal. (To enable portal scheduling you will need to create an appointment type for this resource.) If the resource is linked to an appointment that may be requested through the portal, and if this field is left blank, the system will use the "Resource Name".
- Can this user be assigned tasks?: Select "Yes" if you want to be able to assign tasks to this resource. These tasks will be accessible to all users by going to Tasks > View Tasks for, and selecting the applicable resource option.
Deleting a Resource
To delete a resource,
1. If applicable, reassign any tasks and remove the resource from portal scheduling.
2. Open the Manage Users window (Admin > Manage > Users)
3. Locate that resource in the list and click the red trash can icon on the far right.
4. In the window that appears, provide the reason for deletion and confirm.
This article was published on August 4th, 2021.