This article will go over using Purchase Orders to reorder inventory items from your vendors, quickly restocked ordered items to the inventory, and tracking pending and previously-filled orders. Purchase Orders are found under Admin > My Inventory
- Restocking Drug to Inventory
- Inventory Management in Cerbo
- Return/Restock a Dispensed Medication
- Add Supplement to Inventory
- Accounting for expired inventory & inventory waste
Creating a New Purchase Order
There are three ways that you can create a new purchase order as pictured in the image below, but first you'll need to open your inventory. To do so, go to Admin>>My Inventory.
Pictured: Inventory Management window with the three ways of creating a purchase order called out.
Each of the different methods as corresponding with the pictures on the image:
- Click the "+ Create Purchase Order" button at the top. This will bring up a blank purchase order form and you will be able to search your inventory list to add items to the order.
- Click the "Clone" link next to an existing purchase order. This will bring up a pre-populated purchase order form with all of the details from your cloned order (inventory + vendor details), which you can modify.
** NOTE: If you aren't seeing your previously added purchase orders, click on the "Show Purchase Orders" link in the upper-left corner of the screen (option only appears if you've created a purchase order before).
- Check the boxes to the left of specific inventory items you want to order and then select "Create Purchase Order" from the Manage Checked drop-down menu at the right (OR click the "+ Create Purchase Order" button). This will bring up the purchase order form already populated with the checked items.
Populating Purchase Orders
The Purchase Order form (pictured below) contains a Vendor Information section and an Order Details section:
Only the name field is required, but add as much additional information as desired.
- You will only need to complete this section once per vendor - details will be saved for future orders and the vendor information will automatically populate:
NOTE: If you select a previous vendor and then change or add vendor details, the saved information for that vendor will be updated accordingly once you hit save.
- If you include a tax rate and/or shipping rate, these will be automatically calculated and added to the printable/ faxable purchase order form once you save the order.
- If you include a fax number, this will auto-populate the fax number field once you have generated and saved a printable copy.
If you checked inventory before generating or cloned a previous order, the applicable items will automatically be listed under the Order Details.
- To remove an item, clicking the red X to its right.
- To add an item, search in the "Search for Inventory to Add" search bar, and select the inventory item to add from your search results.
- If you include an item's product ID, this will be automatically added to the item if you order it from the same vendor in the future (i.e., these are saved per vendor).
If the item has a "Vendor/Supplier Code" set within Admin > Inventory, it will be listed here automatically unless you select a vendor for which you have a different code saved for this specific item with that vendor, in which case the saved vendor-specific code will override.
Create the Printable / Faxable Purchase Order
There are two ways to create a printable/faxable version of your purchase order:
- When initially creating the purchase order, there is a checkbox option at the bottom of the form to "Generate Printable Copy". If you have this checked, it will automatically open the printable form in a new window once you save the order.
- If you have already added the purchase order, go to Admin > My Inventory > View Purchase Orders and click on the "Create Doc" icon next to the purchase order in question:
NOTE: Once you have already created a printable/ faxable purchase order form for a particular PO, you will see a "View Doc" option with a printer icon - in place of the Save/ Create Doc button - which you can use to re-open the already saved version.
Once you are taken to the printable copy, you will need to save before you can do anything else (fax/ print).
- Need to make edits first? Click anywhere in the document to edit it (the text will turn red on hover if editable).
- There is a checkbox option to include a provider signature at the bottom of the order form.
*** Once you click save, you CANNOT EDIT OR RE-GENERATE THE PRINTABLE COPY (to correct mistakes after saving, you would need to clone the original PO, and then delete the erroneous one), so please review carefully before saving:
This will then reload the page with the saved copy, and the given options to print and fax. If you had included a fax number for the vendor when you created the purchase order, this will be pre-populated as the fax number: