To add a relationship (e.g. parent-child, spouse, emergency contact) between a patient and another person:
- Click on the plus icon in the upper right-hand corner of the Relationships block to bring up the Add New Relationship pop up
- Specify the type of relationship using the Set Relation drop down menu
- Then search for the corresponding patient using the Assign Patient search bar
- OR, click "select NON-PATIENT" and type in the name of someone who is not in the system, adding details about the relationship and/or the non-patient's contact information in the notes area for Details about this Relationship
- Add any other Details about this Relationship, as desired
Adding a relationship with another patient is reciprocal – a corresponding relationship shows up on the other patient's dashboard page, linking the two records via the Relationships block.
Right-clicking on an existing relationship will give you the option to edit or delete that relationship.
You can now set it up so that these patients can pay each other's bills